Copy of Membership Benefits
What is the Colleton County Chamber of Commerce Benefits?
We are an organization composed of the businesses in the community. The Colleton County Chamber of Commerce is a private, non-profit business advocate membership organization whose purpose is to research, develop and advocate for the interests of our membership through programs and policies, services and community business leader-ship. A Board of Directors, elected annually by our membership, governs us and we employ a staff to execute our day-to-day operations. The staff also facilitates programs and policies created, established and monitored by our board.
Funded primarily by membership investment, the Colleton County Chamber of Commerce harnesses the tremendous potential of the private enterprise system enabling us to accomplish collectively what no one could do individually. Our mission is founded on the premise that a united voice has often proven effective where a single voice can go unheard. A major benefit of membership is full-time representation with year-round results.
Chamber membership is voluntary and open to businesses, self-employed individuals, professionals or organizations interested in our primary goal of a superb quality of life. Joining the Colleton County Chamber of Commerce is an investment in your business and this region’s future.
Committees: Your membership makes you a part of the largest, most responsive business organization in the region. It is a measure of your corporate citizenship. Now is the time to join in with your business community to improve our mutual quality of life, so that business can thrive and flourish.
- When you need answers
- When you need health or dental insurance
- When you need business statistics or area demographics
- When you want to improve your community
- When you want new customers
- When you are looking for business advice
- When laws or regulations impact your profits
The programs, activities, and services of the Colleton County Chamber of Commerce are supported primarily through the investment of the membership. Membership investments in the Chamber are deductible as in ordinary & necessary business expense.
Investments paid to the Chamber are not deductible as charitable contributions for tax purposes. The Chamber is not a charity, but serves as an advocate organization for area business, with the cash flow concerns that all businesses have. A financially sound Chamber is one that is able to serve its members and communities.
- Group Health and Dental Insurance
- Membership Directory
- Business-After-Hours events
- Chamber member mailing lists & labels
- Promotional opportunities to advertise/sponsor
- Small business assistance
- Seminars and workshops
- Referrals — The Chamber office receives hundreds of calls yearly for information on businesses. We only refer members. We want to be able to refer you to our callers!
- Web site listings
- Free co-membership to US Chamber of Commerce